Sunday, September 26, 2010

Melting sea ice forces walruses ashore in Alaska

In early September, walruses came ashore in Alaska due to their normal  sea ice resting place has melted. This is an unusual occurrence here in the United States. This has happened at least twice before, 2007 and 2009 when the Arctic sea levels were at record low levels.
This caught my attention because I think it is very sad that these animals are losing their resting places. I don't really believe in Global Warming, but rather that we are coming out of the Ice Age and melting ice is just part of the process. I love all kinds of animals and I hate to see a species become "Endangered," but this is all just part of the natural process of the changes in the world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_sci_walruses_ashore

1 comment:

  1. I agree with in your thinking about global warming but we still should be good stewards of the Earth and not pollute the world we live in and preserve it for the next generation. I am more concerned about a terrorist attack on a major city or a nuclear weapon being blowing up New York city. I hope the warming trend is just a temporary thing.

    ReplyDelete